When you stay with us, we want you to feel at home.
That’s why we’ve put together a handy checklist of essentials to bring to our Centre. It’s important to keep your bag small – they can get in the way and take up lots of space in your room.
- Loose clothing for labour, such as a sarong, loose T-shirt or a baggy dress. A bikini top or sports bra can be useful if you’re going to use the pool.
- TENS machine for labour & music of your choice
- Maternity bras – a comfy and roomy maternity bra is a good idea. Your breasts may increase a bra cup size in the weeks after birth J
- Comfy underwear – high waisted and loose (size up) – these will accommodate maternity pads and provide more comfort after birth
- Comfortable breastfeeding friendly clothing such as button up tops JOpen fronts are great also and are perfect for all the time you’ll spend skin to skin with baby
- A dressing gown, PJ’s, slippers and your own pillow – simple comforts can help you feel more relaxed
- Lip balm, moisturiser, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner, hair ties, your regular medication
- Drink bottle
- Wheat packs or hot water bottle – these can help soothe any aches and pains
- Snacks and food of your choice – HBC will provide māmā with all her meals and snacks but partners need to source their own meals. You will be provided with a fridge shelf space. We have a Nespresso machine if you would like to bring your own pods 🙂
- Your antenatal expressed colostrum, if you have any
- Baby blankets – you will be encouraged to spend time skin to skin with your baby, with a blanket over baby’s back
- Several pairs of clothes. A few outfits will accomodate any nappy changing accidents!
- Disposable nappies, if you wish to use these – HBC provide cloth nappies
- Warm hat and booties for travelling
- Natural fibres are recommended for babies. Polar fleece is not recommended as it doesn’t ‘breathe’
- Car seat
We supply all towels and linen, maternity pads, and cloth nappies. We also supply all mum’s meals, snacks and hot drinks.