Are you passionate about supporting the health and wellbeing of mothers, babies and whānau? Would you like to make a difference in your local community?
Helensville Birthing Centre has three board director positions available.
Location: Helensville, Tāmaki Makaurau/Auckland
Duration of appointment: 2 years (minimum)
Time commitment: approximately 6 hours per month, with board meetings every two months
Number of positions available: 3
About Helensville Birthing Centre.
Helensville Birthing Centre (HBC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Helensville District Health Trust managed under the direction of the Board.
The Birthing Centre is a community facility offering birthing and postnatal care, as well as pregnancy, parenting and breastfeeding support. We are situated in the heart of the rural community of Helensville. We support families who choose to give birth in a gentle, home-like environment with minimal intervention, and want the opportunity to rest and establish breastfeeding in the immediate postnatal period. Our services are free to eligible whānau, and we are also fully licensed with The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI).
The experience, skills, and approach you can bring to our board.
Can you support HBC’s vision and mission?
- An interest in maternity healthcare and a passion for the wellbeing of mothers and their babies
- Take part in setting the strategic direction for HBC
- Ensure that strategies and budgets are compatible with HBC vision and mission
- High ethical standards
- An understanding of the significance of and obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Do you have an analytical and strategic way of thinking?
- Can see the bigger picture, including future opportunities and possible risks
- Have an analytical and strategic outlook
- Flexible thinking and the confidence to challenge assumptions
- Financial literacy, with the ability to interpret financial statements
Do you thrive working in a team and have excellent communication skills?
- Recognise and respect the value of contributions of other board members in a diplomatic manner
- Excellent communication skills
- A confident and competent decision maker
- Support and accept majority board decisions
Our ideal applicant
Our ideal applicant has experience in community engagement, finance, and project and strategic management. Governance experience is preferred, but not essential.
We especially welcome applications from our local iwi, Ngāti Whātua o Kaipara. Our ideal applicant is someone who has competency with Te Ao Māori, tikanga and te reo Māori.
We do not expect one person to have all the skills and experience listed above, so if you are interested in this position and believe you would be a good fit for our board, we encourage you to apply.
Does this sound like you? Please apply today.
Please email your cover letter and CV to Board Chair Paula Daye: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close at 5pm on Friday 25 November 2022.
If you have any questions about this role, please call Paula on 0275317092
For further information about the Birthing Centre please visit our website www.birthcentre.co.nz.