We are in need of a new Chairperson and a new Director to join our voluntary board and continue to govern this highly-regarded facility and promote the health and well-being of mothers and their babies.
IDEAL APPLICANT DESCRIPTION
The primary responsibilities of this position are leadership and governance.
The Chair plays an important role in the operation of the Board and must provide leadership in developing an effective governance culture and ensuring there are strong communication flows between the board and management.
The chair is the main link with the Helensville Birthing Centre Manager and this relationship is critical.
Governance experience for the Chair position is essential.
Key requirements of Chairperson position:
- Set the agenda
- Run the board meeting
- Guide the meeting to clear outcomes for management to carry out
- Ensure all board members have the opportunity to share their views
- Work to a consensus decision between board members
- Ensure decisions are understood and recorded
- Maintain regular contact with the HBC Manager between meetings, providing support and guidance where required Monitor monthly financials and output results
- Recommend half yearly and an end of year dividend to Helensville District Health Trust Annually undertake the Manager’s performance review
- Abide by good governance principles
- Provide an annual report to the AGM.
Key requirements of the Director position:
- Governance experience preferred but not essential
- An interest in maternity healthcare and passion for the well-being of mothers and their babies
- The ability to operate as part of a team with excellent communication skills
- Contribute effectively to Board discussions
- Confident and competent decision maker
- Analytical and strategic thinking ability.
Helensville Birthing Centre is a community facility offering birthing and postnatal care, situated in the heart of the rural community of Helensville. The Helensville Birthing Centre is available for families who choose to give birth in a low-tech environment and want the opportunity to rest and establish breastfeeding in the immediate postnatal period. Helensville Birthing Centre is owned by the Helensville District Health Trust and is fully licensed with The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI).
To download a full Director’s Pack CLICK HERE.
For further information contact Angie Wright, Secretary ph: 09 420 7878 email: email@example.com
Applications close 18 November.